Open Night Postponed
Due to the extensive renovations on the school this winter the “Clonkeen Open Night” has been postponed. The date has yet to be finalised but will be in Spring 2016. Keep an eye on the website and Twitter for more information.
Applications for 2017/18 are now being accepted
Applications for September 2017/18 are now open.
The closing date for applications for prospective students beginning in the 2017/18 school year is 29th January 2016.
Incoming 1st year presentation
Here is the powerpoint that was presented during the course of the recent incoming 1st years information night. 1st Year Information Night
Clonkeen College recently joined Twitter. Add us @ClonkeenSchool or click the button below to keep up to date with news, announcements and achievements from our school community. (Or use the following link to have our Tweets fullscreen! – http://www.clonkeencollege.ie/TwitterLive.html)
You are welcome to our school community’s website.
The Mission Statement of Clonkeen College sets out our school’s particular vision.
- Clonkeen College is a voluntary Catholic secondary school, where each individual and group within the school community is encouraged and facilitated to contribute to the creation of a caring, supportive and inclusive educational environment, conducive to developing the diverse talents of all the participants.
Clonkeen College is a Catholic voluntary secondary school founded by the Christian Brothers in the Edmund Rice tradition. Clonkeen College is proud of this inherited tradition that helps inform our characteristic spirit which is specifically stated in the five key elements of an Edmund Rice school. These key elements are:
- Nurturing faith, Christian spirituality and Gospel-based values
- Promoting partnership in the school community
- Excelling in teaching and learning
- Creating a caring school community
- Inspiring transformational leadership.
We hope you enjoy browsing through our newly updated website. If you have any feedback we’d love to hear it. Please contact bos ‘at’ clonkeencollege.ie.
(replace the ‘at’ with the @ symbol, when sending your email. )