Welcome to Clonkeen College
On behalf of the entire school community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our school community’s website.
The Mission Statement of Clonkeen College sets out our school’s particular vision. It states that:
- Clonkeen College is a voluntary Catholic secondary school, where each individual and group within the school community is encouraged and facilitated to contribute to the creation of a caring, supportive and inclusive educational environment, conducive to developing the diverse talents of all the participants.
Clonkeen College is a Catholic voluntary secondary school founded by the Christian Brothers in the Edmund Rice tradition. Clonkeen College is proud of this inherited tradition that helps inform our characteristic spirit which is specifically stated in the five key elements of an Edmund Rice school. These key elements are:
- Nurturing faith, Christian spirituality and Gospel-based values
- Promoting partnership in the school community
- Excelling in teaching and learning
- Creating a caring school community
- Inspiring transformational leadership.
I hope you enjoy browsing through our website. I believe that it provides an excellent snapshot of what we do in Clonkeen College, and that it reflects well the characteristic spirit of our school.
Kevin Barry (Principal, Clonkeen College)